Tug Hill Vineyards
Tug Hill Vineyards was started by Mike and Sue Maring, with the help of their families and the community in 2007. The site was selected for the favorable frost aversion slope, breathtaking valley views, and for its closeness to the sleepy town of Lowville that we call home.
We’re very excited that you’re planning to visit us on the Tug Hill, we can’t wait to share our wine and our small town with you!
Experience Tug Hill Vineyards
Tasting Room and Wine Cellar
- Our Tasting Room is located on the lower level of our Banquet Hall Facility.
- Tastings are available during store hours.
- Walk-in tastings are facilitated on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Tastings of our Wine and Spirits product range from 20-30 minutes in length and cost $5 per person when sampling 6 regular products.
- One $5 Tasting Fee is waived with the purchase of 3 bottles.
- Tastings are best kept to 8 guests or less, but we can accommodate larger groups upon request.
- Tastings with more than 8 people require a reservation. Please call us at 315-376-4336 or email info@tughillvineyards to make your appointment.
- ATV’s and Snowmobiles are welcome as long you use the main drive to enter and exit the grounds and are considerate of our neighbors.
- Please inquire for private events.
PLAN YOUR VISIT
PLAN YOUR VISIT
Restaurants and Cafés
Tug Hill Vineyard’s doesn’t offer regular meals, and why would we? Lowville offers a great selection of several small eateries, cafés, and sit-down restaurants. All welcoming to visitors, locals, and tourists year-round. Here are just a few of our favorites:
Looking for more to do? Check out the Lewis County Cuisine trail!
The Lewis County Cuisine Trail travels through back roads to the Villages of Lowville, Croghan, Castorland and Copenhagen and showcases locally sourced and produced foods unique to the area. From goat farms, to cow dairies, to farmer owned cooperatives, the International Maple Museum, famous Croghan Bologna, and restaurants carrying local products, the Lewis County Cuisine Trail offers a little bit for everyone.
With the rolling hills, beautiful terrain, and swift changes of the seasons that bring an assortment of colors, take a drive along the trail and be enriched with the Lewis County culture and history. Once you’re here – you’ll be hooked.
We look forward to seeing you on the trail!
NEIGHBORING BREWERIES AND WINERIES
LOCAL HOTELS, LODGES, & BED AND BREAKFASTS
Where to Stay
Located in the heart of the village of Lowville, this bed and breakfast with three unique guest room offers a comfortable stay. Originally built in the 1800s the historic integrity of this beautiful federal colonial remains intact. The warm, comfortable, family feeling is felt throughout this home.
The Historic 1812 House, Bed and Breakfast located in the center of Lowville is conveniently located within walking distance of the downtown. The house creates a picture-perfect backdrop for all occasions including Showers, Reunions, and Weddings.
Ridge View Lodge
Book a comfortable and pleasant stay at the affordable Ridge View Lodge. Only 4 miles from Tug Hill Vineyards. A popular destination for snowmobilers.
The Edge Hotel
Located in Lyons Falls, The Edge Hotel has 65 rooms and includes the Boondocks Restaurant & Bar. Located just 25 minutes to the south of Tug Hill Vineyards.
Beaver Creek Lodge
Seven Bedroom Vacation Rental on 400 Acres. Restored farmhouse, available year-round. Perfect for multiple families, large groups. Located between Copenhagen and Barnes Corners.
The Lodge at Headwaters
38 room lodge located in Boonville, with easy access to the Adirondack Park, it has become a highly sought after location for snowmobilers, hikers, and avid outdoorsman.
Things To Do Near Tug Hill Vineyards
Sign up for our Newsletter
Stay in touch
Producing fine wines and spirits since 2007. Open daily for tastings, Sunday Brunch, and our evening “Wine Down” Live Music event.